The position is required to support the growing demand from financial services clients that are impacted by the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and the Common Reporting Standard (CRS), as well as the US Qualified Intermediary (QI) regime.
Though this will be the primary area of focus, the successful candidate will be encouraged to work on a broader variety of topics, ensuring a varied, challenging and exciting career path.
The Financial Services tax team is providing amongst others operational tax advice to clients in Luxembourg and abroad.
A successful candidate will need to have:
- Experience of 2-3 years with FATCA and the CRS (e.g. advisory and/or implementation projects), and with the QI regime (e.g. QI audits under the former QI Agreement, and/or QI implementation, advisory or review projects);
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills: ability to digest, interpret and communicate detailed technical information;
- Strong interpersonal skills, to work with, train and coach junior team members, and to interact with clients;
- High motivation to contribute to the quickly growing team, capability to work independently on projects, conducted both from the Mazars offices or from the client offices, in Luxembourg or abroad;
- Project management skills to ensure high quality work within agreed deadlines;
- To be keen to learn, demonstrate the ability to understand and communicate detailed technical tax information, and follow closely developments, in particular in respect of FATCA/QI and the CRS.
Mazars is a world-wide organization that provides audit, accountancy, tax and advisory services to clients in 79 countries and draws on the expertise of 18,000 professionals to assist financial institutions, private and public bodies and major international groups.
Created in 1966, Mazars Luxembourg employs more than 130 professionals. Our Financial Advisory Services department includes specialized and trained teams that have the right combination of knowledge, highly skilled staff, technical and project management skills to deliver a high quality and value-added service.
Mazars is also a member of Praxity ASBL, the world's largest Alliance of independent and unaffiliated audit and consultancy companies. Our contacts to these Praxity participating firms enable our clients a professional support in their transnational activities from a single source.
Please send your application to the HR Department by e-mail to email@example.com